Date added: 2022-09-26
Important information for the new international students
At the beginning of each new academic year, Gdańsk Tech International Relations Office invites newly admitted international students (Polish and English-speaking) to participate in two important events: the Registration Week and the Welcome Meeting. This year all the newcomers and students from other Gdańsk universities will additionally be able to take part in a free guided tour of Gdańsk and a parade inaugurating the beginning of the academic year.
A very important event during which newly admitted international students provide original recruitment documents and can obtain information on, inter alia, legalization of their stay in Poland.
- for whom? for students who have been admitted to the full cycle of studies (this is not an event for students who came under the Erasmus+ program)
- when? September 26th-30th
- where? Welcome Meeting in building 11 (check on the map)
- is participation in the Registration Week obligatory? Yes, it is compulsory for all students enrolled in the full cycle of first and second-cycle studies
- registration: click on this LINK 1 or this LINK 2 and sign up for a meeting. Sign up for one date only, so as not to block appointments for other students.
An information meeting for all newly admitted international students, during which students receive practical information needed at the beginning of the academic year and can take part in an integration game with prizes.
- for whom? for all newly admitted international students (accepted for the full cycle of studies and students under the Erasmus+ program)
- when? Friday, September 30th
- what time? 10:00 a.m. for Polish-speaking students and 12:00 p.m. for English-speaking students
- where? Auditorium Novum (check on the map)
- is participation in the Welcome Meeting obligatory? No, it is not obligatory, but we strongly encourage you to participate - during the meeting you can learn a lot of useful information
- registration: no registration required – simply come
Visiting Gdańsk with a guide
- for whom? for everyone
- when? Thursday, September 29th
- what time? 12:00 p.m.
- where: we meet in front of Gdańsk Tech main gate, from where a bus will take you on a trip
- registration: complete a short form
- IMPORTANT - the guided tour around Gdańsk will be in English. The number of places is limited. The guided tour is free of charge.
The parade inaugurating the beginning of the academic year with the participation of students from Gdańsk universities
- for whom? for everyone
- when? Saturday, October 1st
- what time? at 12:00 p.m.
- where? the parade starts from the Golden Gate in Gdańsk (check on the map)
- registration: no registration required, simply come
- IMPORTANT - we encourage you to appear in your traditional national costumes at the parade. More information about the parade can be found here.
We encourage all newly admitted international students to participate in the events. At the same time you can watch photos from one of the previous Welcome Meetings: see the photo gallery.
If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com