The MBA learning outcomes:
- Gain in depth knowledge of current business and management issues as derived both from academic research and from practice.
- Develop talents and advanced management skills and competencies..
- Become a more reflective practitioner, able to apply critical thinking and apply creative and innovative solutions to business problems.
- Contribute more effectively as a business practitioner through enhanced leadership skills and heightened personal performance.
- Understand and respond more sensitively to the various ethical dilemmas and responsibilities that associate with business practice.
These learning outcomes are addressed throughout the MBA Programme by a balance of education and development and an equal emphasis on conceptual/technical and intellectual challenge on the one hand and soft skills development on the other. A strongly participative approach to learning is pursued to enable students to develop personal confidence, for example, through presentations, public speaking, effective communication (in both written and oral forms), and through cooperating in teams, working under pressure and to tight deadlines. The programme involves extensive use of case studies, projects and business consultancy and a wide range of assessment methods are used to ensure that each student has the opportunity to demonstrate their particular knowledge and skills in the ways that suit them best. The overall evaluation of participants is based on a mix of exam results, continuous assessment of class participation, individual and group assignments, projects and individualised talent diagnoses. The final personally prepared dissertation provides the opportunity to integrate these different aspects and for each student to demonstrate their capacity to apply knowledge in a suitably reflective and critical manner – through a personal defence before an assessors’ panel in addition to the grading of the formal written submission..
The MBA participants
The MBA programme is aiming:
- Executives, members of boards of directors, project managers, middle managers dealing with managing and streamlining companies through projects.
- Managers and owners of businesses operating in service, production and financial sectors.
- Representatives of companies seeking management optimization, introduction of quality management principles and methodologies for continual organization improvement
- Focus on strategy implementation through programmes and projects and operating in service, production and financial sectors.
- Represent companies seeking management optimization, introduction of quality management principles and methodologies for continual organization improvement may also be included.
- Are currently working or planning to work in the management of projects, programs
- Those with managerial aspirations who would like to raise the qualifications and obtain the evidence in the form of a diploma and certificates
- Want to have better chances on the labour market and increase their competitiveness
- Those who are convinced that they should periodically study in order to keep up with change